Popular Posts

Friday, August 19, 2011

BINAGOONGANG BABOY (SPICY PORK WITH SHRIMP PASTE AND COCONUT CREAM) - FILIPINO STYLE



*NOTE: YOU CAN CLICK EACH PHOTO TO SEE A MUCH BIGGER PICTURE.


"This is my delicious Binagoongang Baboy (Spicy Pork with Shrimp Paste and Coconut Cream).  I put coconut cream in mine so it would taste more delicious and creamy.  I used Barrio Fiesta shrimpaste and spicy one so I would no longer put chillies in my recipe.  Try this one guys...it's soooo yummy!  I cooked it twice now since I really love it.  My husband too and my son but its not really good if you will cook this all the time because of the fats in it."

1 kilo pork (with skin and fat)
1 medium onion
1 whole garlic (cut into small OR minced)
1 tsp coarse black pepper
1 medium bell pepper
2 tbsp shrimp paste (i use barrio fiesta spicy shrimp paste so no need to put siling labuyo or chillies in my recipe)
1 400g coconut cream
1-2 tbsp sugar

WHAT TO DO:

1.  Cut pork into cubes or our desired size and fry it into 2 tablespoon vegetable oil.

2.  When pork is brown already.  Put the onion and stir it together with the pork.  Then after 5 minutes, add the minced garlic and coarse black pepper.

3.  Add the the 2 tablespoon shrimp paste, you can add more, it depends on you. Then add the coconut cream.

4.  Add the sugar and let it simmer for 1 hour or so in a very low heat....stirring occasionally.

5.  When the sauce becomes thicker and the oil coming out, that oil is from the coconut, then you can add the bell pepper for 2 minutes then turned your stove off.

READY TO SERVE NOW WITH STEAMED RICE.

*NOTE: IF IT''S NOT SALTY FOR YOU, YOU CAN ADD A LITTLE BIT OF FISH SAUCE BEFORE YOU TURNED IT OFF. OR TO MAKE IT MORE TASTIER, ADD KNORR CHICKEN CUBES.  BUT SPICES HERE IN AUSTRALIA ARE ENOUGH TO HAVE A VERY DELICIOUS TASTE IN YOUR COOKING.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

kar said...

I will try this tomorrow!

Yves Brisbane said...

sure...try this one coz its really soooooooooo yummy! love it, love it, love it!