Popular Posts

Thursday, June 16, 2011

SPICED LAMB SHANKS





*NOTE: YOU CAN CLICK EACH PHOTO TO SEE A MUCH BIGGER PICTURE.

"The best way to cook your lamb shanks is to use this kind of recipe!  My family and friends says that this is the best lamb shanks they've ever tasted!  I really love this guys! I hope you can try this one...one day! I love to make this one all the time!"

HERE'S HOW TO MAKE IT:

Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 55 minutes (made mine into 3 hours)

2 French-cut lamb shanks
Plain flour, to dust
1 tablespoon vegetable or rice bran oil
1 medium brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
1 fresh long green chilli, finely chopped 
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup chopped, dried pitted dates (optional)
Preferred vegetables, couscous and lemon wedges, to serve 
or mashed potatoes and greens (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees/ 140 degrees fan forced. Coat lamb in flour; dust off excess. Heat oil in a 2- litre (8 cup) flameproof and oven-proof dish over moderately high heat.  Add lamb; cook for 2-3 minutes or until seared. Transfer to a heatproof plate. Add onion and carrot to dish; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add chilli, cumin and cinnamon; cook and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant.

2. Return lamb to dish. Add stock and dates. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. cover with a tight-fitting lid. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until lamb is tender. Remove from oven. Stand for 5 minutes. season with salt and pepper.

3. Serve with mixed vegetable couscous and lemon wedges or mashed potatoes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm!!! love your recipe it looks so delicious and when I saw your food I try to make one of those recipe and it is really proven that is YUMMY!!! my family actually they are so picky bout the food but when they try my cook the one that I copy from your recipe it they really really love it man! that's why I just want to say thank you so much for your sharing keep it up girl your a "STAR" and you know what I tell you about my self that aim a person love to eat any kind of food and try the recipe the one that I like:=)

Yves Brisbane said...

This is the Spiced Lamb Shanks I cooked for dinner tonight for my family! This is the best recipe I made for a Lamb Shanks. My husband and son loves it very much... and me, of course! Then I made my husband's best recipe in making mashed potato. Add some greens.... there you go! We enjoyed our dinner! Yummmm.... love it!

Magic Micky said...

Shanks Rocked Yves. Im a shanks fan man and was immediately enticed into trying your recipe because of the unusual combination of cumin and cinnamon. I'm only sorry i did'nt use the chilli because of my kids. I'm cooking the apple, rasberry slabs for dessert and look forward too trying heaps more of your recipes. Regards Magic Mickey.

Yves Brisbane said...

Hi Magic Micky...

Thanks for the good compliments. Yes, very unusual recipe coz of cumin and cinnamon and you are right! It will rock your world! Ahaahah... That's alright not putting the chillies it's only an option. We just love chillies that's why we put chillies on it! Thank you. You should try Pavlova roll too...that's the best also! Yes, the slab pies are great! Anyways, I make sure that all I posted are the best ones...